Thursday, August 12, 2010

LAUNDRY



If you are a reader of my other blog you know I am going back to my original laundry solution that worked. I tried for a while letting my teenagers do it, so they would learn how, but they have failed miserably... a full day of laundry and still not caught up has proved this.

So how did I once stay so organized you ask? I had a basket for each room, not a hamper that hid the laundry, a basket that matched cute in there. A pink one for the girls, a blue one for the boys, a white one for us, and a cream one in the bathroom. Each night I would tell the kids to collect the baskets for me, and I would sort the clothes out by colors into the baskets. Reds in the girls, Darks in the boys, Whites in ours, and lighter colors in the bathroom one. They then went to bed, I began running the loads that night and through the morning (they were fairly small since it was one days worth divided by 4)in the morning before they left for school they had to get their own basket of laundry, which I sorted back into their own baskets, and put them away before they left for school. Giving them the empty basket to fill with dirty clothes throughout the day again.

I think I can still have my teens help since they stay up later now, and get up early for school, I will just leave the basket in the room for when they get home. I had a friend do laundry similar, but only once a week, I found this left too much to do in one day, plus with my jobs I rarely have a full day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment