Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 73- Sense and Sensibility.

So when I saw that this week was a Jane Austen I had to participate. I LOVE Jane, for my English classes I have written many papers on her writing, and love every movie... in fact just finished readng a book about Jane Austen.

So my card... It turned out much different than I had anticipated... even used a totally different color and paper. I did picture this stamp set from the beginning though, it was one I had admired but didn't think much of til it was given to me by my sister, and I have used it for several projects since.







I think the picture looks like sisters together in an English country side, perfect for Sense and Sensibility.



I had this great ribbon in mind too, but I liked the simplicity of the button with thread.The words say "Together is the nicest place to be".



Also on the inside I like the picture of the rabbit in just a shadow.



Thanks for checking out my blog... come by anytime!

Stamp set was Stampin' up, teh purple paper was my mind's eye, and I am not sure of the other paper... ones I have had for a while. I used a versamark ink pad with brown chalk and some pearl stuff to add shine...

Here is a link to the site in case you may not have it!

9 comments:

  1. That's way pretty. Perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and creative. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! And what a beautiful stamp set that your sister gave you! It reminds me of the Dashwood sisters in the countryside! LOVEly colors and sweet button! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge! I hope you had fun and will play again with us!
    Big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along with us. I really like the feminine touch your card. Fantastic colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamp of the sisters (I assume) is so appropriate, and the colors are so soft and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a favourite stamp set of mine from SU. Great capturing the feeling from the movie.

    ReplyDelete